Deep Facebook integration on Twenga
Twenga is following a route initiated by TheFind – a deep Facebook integration that ultimately can affect the content of search result pages. In light of those changes, here is the new Twenga mission statement:
- Help you make the best choice. On any product, ask for a friend’s opinion with one click.
- To offer you the best products. Say what you prefer by clicking Like
- Meet your expectations. We’ll soon be bringing you products from your favourite brands first.
- The Twenga homepage has been slightly revamped to promote the Facebook integration. The header especially now contains a “Facebook Like” button for the entire site, a proeminent “Create a Twenga account” button using the Facebook Connect style, and a new marketing line “Twenga uses Facebook to personnalize your shopping”.
- The “Create a Twenga account” button triggers a very personalized Facebook authentication page – the first of its kind I have ever seen. Location is required to register, which should not in my opinion.
- When logged and performing a search, a “Share this search” Facebook button next to a “Tweet” button allows to share the entire page, while a “Share with a friend” option on each result opens a pop-up to share on Facebook or Twitter as well.
- The same pop-up is available on product pages, along with a “Facebook Like” button.
- Those “Facebook Like” buttons have also been implemented on brand pages.
Let’s see in the coming weeks how Twenga will tailor the search results based on the Facebook Like activity… That’s really where the fun begins :)
Revamped Twenga homepage:
Search result page with Facebook integration:
Product page with Facebook integration: