Personal Shopper by StyleFeeder
Shopping • shopping engine • Social shopping • StyleFeeder
Read on Mashable:
StyleFeeder, the social shopping site, is launching a Personal Shopper tool today for you to shop online with your friends. […] This downloadable tool shows as a sidebar, and lets you quickly access certain aspects of your StyleFeeder account while you browse the net. There’s a built-in chat tool for discussing items online, personal recommendations based on your interaction with the site, the ability to connect with other users that share similar tastes (this is called your StyleTwin), and an SOS function, which is really a poll that you can send out to all your friends in order to get their feedback.
My personal take on Personal Shopper:
- Tools are great, especially StyleTwin that seems to provide accurate list of people with similar tastes (at least on my profile that is quite tech oriented)
- I like having a browser plug-in to let me bookmark products quite easily; I don’t really like having a social networking plug-in:
- Even if it behaves quite well, I need to have the plug-in installed to have full features of StyleFeeder. Boring when switching between various computers
- It’s not scalable: imagine if each social network comes with similar sidebar plug-in…
- At least, this plug-in gives a first feeling of what TheCoop plug-in from Mozilla could bring.