Senior Product Manager with a strong engineering background and 10 years experience in Internet and New Media. Practical and driven project manager. Capacity to communicate with all actors of a web project (business owners, interaction designers, web designers, engineers, SEO, SEM), understand their work, and make them work together. Passionate about the e-commerce / online shopping landscape. Like to play in international context. Internet technologies / Product management / Project management / Agile methodology / Team leadership
September 2003 - Present KELKOO - European shopping engine, 200 people - A Yahoo! Company from April 2004 to November 2008
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (January 2008 - Present)
- Improved efficiency of product development team by putting in place a ROI-oriented design process, integrating all inputs (user experience, SEO/SEM, technical constraints) and using fast-failing approach (agile methodology, AB testing) to deliver great user experiences and achieve business targets
- Defined product strategies (i.e: search strategy) to deliver on the business strategy
- Acted as project manager to manage partnerships (i.e: Google for sponsored links integration)
- Managed 7 product managers / interaction designers / web designers
WEB DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (January 2008 - December 2008)
PRODUCT MANAGER (January 2007 - December 2007)
- Worked on a collaboration project between Kelkoo and Yahoo! Search Marketing US, to define an integration scheme between the Sponsored Links and Kelkoo business models. Frequent trips to the US
- Launched the new version of the Kelkoo site, defining requirements, managing priorities, working collaboratively with all team members
ENGINEERING MANAGER / SOFTWARE ARCHITECT (April 2003 - January 2007)
- Re-engineered the Kelkoo offer processing workflow, from the gathering of merchant offers - feed management - to the processing and enrichment of offers - including attribute extraction and matching technologies. Acted as architect and program manager, taking into account scalability, internationalization, security aspects. Managed 10 engineers.
- Designed and implemented a product database and associated services, including feed processing from database providers (de-dupe algorithms, semi-automatic translations between languages...), backoffice tools and matching of products with merchant offers (using text analysis algorithms). Managed 5 engineers.
September 2000 - July 2002 HIMALAYA - Web agency, 150 people
ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER / SOFTWARE ARCHITECT
- Managed projects for external clients (Michelin, BFM Radio, Caisse des Dépôts) : planning definition, technical design, development, customer relationship. Managed 7 engineers.
- Specified, documented, and implemented tools to enhance productivity: website generators, generic tracking and profiling tools
March 2000 - August 2000 VIAMEDIA - Web agency, 6 people
LEAD DEVELOPER & WEB DESIGN
February 1999 - March 2000 Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard (UTBM).
- Master's degree in software engineering from UTBM (Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard, FRANCE)
- Certified SCRUM Master